Thursday, May 14, 2009

Welcome to my first blog!

Until recently, I didn't know what a blog was, but after viewing some great dollhouse miniature blogs, I figured "I can do this!" First of all, let me introduce myself. I love dollhouse miniatures! My first dollhouse was a basic wooden one made of thin wood. I no longer have this dollhouse, but a couple of years ago I was surprised to find an exact replica of it at a garage sale for $3.00!!! I had to have to have, so I bought it. It has been in my attic ever since, waiting for the day when I figure out what to do with it. I will be adding a picture of it. I received my second dollhouse when I was about 10 years old. It was a Lundby. I was hooked from then. I still have that Lundby dollhouse, circa 1973. I recovered it from my mother's basement about 10 years ago. My husband added an extra floor to it, making it four levels. Currently, it is in a closet, waiting for a space to display. After I added to to the Lundby, I was hungry for more! So, I bought a Dura-Craft Farmhouse they no longer make. My husband helped me build that farmhouse. I decorated it in Victorian style, mid 1880's. I have tried to sell it on Ebay and locally with no luck. It is big! Since that first kit, I have acquired other dollhouses, most of them from garage sales, Ebay and Craig's List. I live in a small house, so I don't have much space. Still, I have a dollhouse in the dinning room, the living room, two in my bedroom and two in my spare bedroom! No wonder my old Lundby is still waiting in a closet for a place to display!

No comments: